Bring Your Own Thermostat Program
MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR NEW SMART THERMOSTAT
Enrolling your newly installed Nest, ecobee, Lux, Honeywell or Emerson smart thermostat in O&R's Bring Your Own Thermostat (BYOT) program will help you save energy and money by reducing your energy usage. That's not all - we'll give you $85 cash back for a qualified, enrolled device that controls your central A/C. Plus, starting next summer, you can earn an additional $25 incentive for your participation in the program each year.
Don't have a smart thermostat yet? Browse available devices on My ORU Store and search for the "BYOT Cash Back Available" tag under eligible products.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
Your smart thermostat can help you use less energy during high demand, peak energy use hours, and can help us keep your energy service reliable. Here's how it works:
- We will make brief, limited adjustments ("events") to your A/C setting during periods of high energy use in the summer.
- O&R will hold a 1-hour test event sometime after May 1.
- A maximum of 10 events each summer (from May 1 through Sept. 30), unless there's a power emergency.
- Each event will last no longer than four hours and will take place sometime between 11:30 a.m. and 11 p.m. on weekdays.
- You're always in control. You can adjust your temperature at any time during an event.
HOW TO RECEIVE YOUR CASH BACK REFUND
On successful enrollment in the BYOT program, we will refund you $85 per eligible thermostat. If you bought your thermostat on MyORUStore.com, you'll see $85 refunded to the credit or debit card used to purchase your thermostat, along with an email notification of your refund.
If you bought your thermostat elsewhere, we'll mail you a check with your rebate. Starting next summer, we will mail you an additional $25 incentive for your participation in the program each year.
HOW DO I ENROLL MY THERMOSTAT?
If you're an O&R residential or small business electric customer with a Wi-Fi network and use one of the Nest, ecobee, Lux, Honeywell or Emerson thermostats sold on MyORUStore.com to operate your central air conditioning cooling system, you’re eligible to participate.
Simply follow the one of the links below to enroll your device. When registering your device with your manufacturer and enrolling in the BYOT program, make sure to enter the same email address used for your order on MyORUStore.com.
- Nest thermostat owners: click here to enroll your device.
- Honeywell thermostat owners: click here to enroll your device.
- ecobee thermostat owners: click here to enroll your device.
- Lux thermostat owners: click here to enroll your device.
- Emerson Sensi owners: click here to enroll your device.
Have a different thermostat that was purchased elsewhere? Check your device's eligibility here.