Smart Home Buyer's Guide
Whether you’re thousands of miles from home or just at the far end of the house, smart home technology can help you keep tabs on your most prized possessions.Learn More
- Is your smoke alarm outdated? Looking to monitor your home for smoke or carbon monoxide leaks and be proactively notified in the event of an emergency?
- Try Nest Protect Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm for alerts sent straight to your smartphone or tablet when your alarm senses smoke or carbon monoxide.
- See, hear and record what's going on in your home with Wi-Fi connected security cameras. Monitor the baby sleeping in the next room, keep tabs on a service person entering your home while you’re away, or play back video to see where a break-in or fire occurred.
- Try Nest Cam Indoor security camera for its two way talk and listen features and continuously recorded live video.
- Are you trying to easily save energy while you’re away from home, but want to return to a comfortable temperature setting?
- Try the Nest Learning Thermostat, ecobee SmartThermostat, Nest Thermostat E or ecobee3 Lite for automated energy savings. These smart thermostats learn your schedule so you don’t have to change the temperature to an energy-efficient setting before you leave for the day. And, you’ll return home to a comfortable temperature.
- Interested in the Wi-Fi capability of the Nest and ecobee thermostats, but don’t need all the bells and whistles?
- Try the LUX GEO thermostat for a simpler, more affordable option. It’s easy to install and program and it uses your smartphone’s location through the app to tell whether you are home or not and optimizes your energy savings while you’re away.
- Try the ecobee3 lite or the Nest Thermostat E for more affordable options from Nest and ecobee.
- Have a Nest or ecobee thermostat, but looking for more control over the temperature of individual rooms in your home?
- Try the Nest Temperature Sensor or ecobee Smart Sensors, which monitor the temperature of the most important rooms in your home – so you can let your thermostat know which room should be a certain temperature at a certain time of day.
Wi-Fi- and Bluetooth-enabled lighting gives you convenience while letting your artistic side shine. Choose from an array of lighting colors, hues or textures and sync your wireless LEDs to other products for increased security.Learn More
- Want to program your lighting from your smartphone to set the mood for when you return from home, watch a movie or take a nap?
- Try Philips Hue – Sync your lighting hue and temperature to match your mood, and connect to other home products to have more control, comfort and security in your home.
- Want to save energy and gain control over the lighting in your home?
- Try the ecobee Switch+, the smarter light switch that automates lighting with occupancy and daylight sensors, and comes with built-in Amazon Alexa.
Home security can be challenging when you’re away and don’t know what’s going on at home. Increase your home’s security and exterior monitoring with just a few simple products, which can prevent or minimize costly damages. Plus, these products can communicate together to even further increase your home security. Never miss a beat.Learn More
- Interested in virtually controlling who accesses your home?
- Coming Soon! Nest x Yale Lock with Nest Connect – the secure, tamper-proof lock from Nest and Yale. With the Nest Connect, you can use the Nest app to unlock the door from anywhere and get alerts on your smartphone.
- Want to keep an eye on your home exterior during the day and night?
- Try the Nest Cam Outdoor security camera to receive alerts when Nest Cam senses movement and listen and talk back to anyone there.
You've only got two hands, and they're often busy. With these voice-activated devices, you can now change the thermostat temperature, order groceries, get today's weather forecast and much more.Learn More
- Interested in getting voice-activated control from one centralized location?
- Try ecobee – it's a smart thermostat with built-in Amazon Alexa Voice Service. With this device, you can do more than change your home temperature settings with your voice. You can ask for traffic conditions, play music through Spotify, tell your Google Chromecast to turn on Netflix and more!
- Try ecobee Switch+, the smarter switch that has built-in Amazon Alexa and high quality speaker. Turn on and off your lights from your smartphone and ask your ecobee Switch+ for the weather, news, music and more.
- Looking for an affordable device that will connect many of your other smart home devices?
- Try Google Home Mini, the voice-activated speaker that is powered by Google Assistant – so you can ask it questions and tell it to do things.
- Do you have multiple users in your home?
- Try Google Home – it's powered by the Google Assistant so you can ask it questions and tell it to do things. And with support for multiple users, it can distinguish your voice from others in your home so you get a more personalized experience. You can buy multiple bases and group them together to expand your control.
Which products work together?
All Nest products are designed to communicate with all other Nest products and can be accessed from one simple and free iOS or Android app called Nest - Your home in your hand. Plus, Nest products can become smarter with time and through interaction with one another.Learn More
When the Nest Protect Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm senses smoke and air quality emergencies, it tells the Nest Thermostat to shut off your heating and cooling system so it does not circulate throughout your home. Nest Protect’s motion sensors also communicate with your thermostat so it knows when you’re home or away, making the thermostat even more efficient.
Did you know some of the smart home products on the store can connect to other smart home devices? Control your smart home from anywhere using your smartphone or mobile device.Learn More
Control all of your Nest products with your voice if you have Google Assistant on the Google Home Hub or set your Nest app to tell Philips Hue to turn off the lights when you leave. You can also view your water use on your Nest Home Energy Report when you have a Rachio smart sprinkler system and Nest thermostat.
There are a number of wireless ecosystems that connect smart home devices. No one standard connects all, so which is right for you?Learn More
|iHome WiFi Smart Plug||Nest Learning Thermostat||Nest Protect||Nest Cam||ecobee4 with Amazon Alexa Voice Service||ecobee3 lite||Philips Hue||Sengled Snap Security Camera||Hive Smart Home Packs||Lutron Caseta Wireless Smart Bridge Dimmer Kit||ecobee Switch+||Wemo® Insight Energy Use Monitor|
*Note: The Sengled Pulse bulbs are not included in this chart because they connect to smart devices through Bluetooth instead of Wi-Fi. For this reason, this device is not compatible with any of the above protocols.
Now that you know how smart home products can make your home smarter, safer and more convenient, you’re ready to browse our collection.
Still have questions? Contact our knowledgeable customer support team via chat or email.